Back to overview,Home naval-today Argentine Navy confirms explosion near missing submarine View post tag: Argentine Navy November 24, 2017 Share this article The Argentine Navy confirmed that an explosion occurred near the position from which the missing submarine ARA San Juan last sent her position.The confirmation follows reports from November 22 which said several agencies had been investigating a so-called “hydroacoustic anomaly” which took place on November 15, around the time ARA San Juan last communicated.The navy has now confirmed that the sound in question was indeed an explosion but has not confirmed the deaths of 44 crew aboard the submarine as it is yet to be found. While the navy could not provide details about the fate of the submarine’s crew, fears are widespread that there would be no survivors. It is feared that, even if an explosion did not occur on the submarine, the submariners are likely to have run out of air after nine days under water.An international search party composed of a number of specialized aircraft and ships equipped with unmanned and remotely operated underwater vehicles continues. Search and rescue units are currently focused on a swath of ocean 250 kilometers in radius, near the continental shelf off the coast of Puerto Madryn.Meanwhile, Russia has deployed a team of experts from St. Petersburg to Argentina to aid the search efforts. The Russian Navy special purpose ship Yantar has also been sent to the region after being rerouted from west Africa shores. Argentine Navy confirms explosion near missing submarine Authorities View post tag: ARA San Juan View post tag: submarine
Ed Price was the only candidate to attend the April 7 debate sponsored by Fairness in Taxes.The following letter is from Michael Hinchman, president of the Fairness in Taxes community group, regarding an April 7 candidates debate at the Ocean City Free Public Library.Two men — incumbent Mayor Jay Gillian and challenger Ed Price — are running for mayor in the May 13 municipal election, but only Price attended the debate.Read the counterpoint letter from Gillian campaign advisor Drew Fasy.Below is the letter that was dropped off at Mayor Gillian’s office on Friday, April 4 prior to the scheduled “debate” on Monday, April 7 with challenger Ed Price.Subsequently on Tuesday, April 8, I spoke to Mr. (Drew) Fasy, the mayor’s campaign manager, asking the mayor to reschedule any time he wanted. Mr. Fasy said the mayor wanted to do only the Ocean City Community Association and the Democrat/Republican forums.It is abundantly clear the mayor did not want to debate Mr. Price — just say the truth — time and place did not matter.The next chapter in this unfortunate game of tag was Jim Tweed’s. He was instrumental in organizing both the April 7 and April 14 events, and he asked Ocean City Business Administrator Mike Dattilo on what grounds the April 7 Q-and-A would not be telecast on the city’s public access channel.Mr. Dattilo responded by email to Jim Tweed with the adopted policy for Government Access Channel Section D-1-II-a stipulates that: “All properly registered candidates shall have an equal opportunity to participate.” In my judgment (Mr. Dattilo’s) that does not seem to be the case in Monday evening’s event.The mayor was given every opportunity to participate at any other time and his campaign manager admitted the Mayor just didn’t want to do it. I think that makes it very clear the mayor was given every opportunity but declined for his own reasons. In addition, did Mr. Dattilo do any diligence by contacting mayor’s campaign manager.One interesting bit of conjecture on my part was citing the section in the policy for Government Access Channel seems that Mr. Dattilo sought Solicitor Dorothy McCrosson’s input on this matter. She being the former campaign manager in the mayor’s first race should have recused herself, if I am correct, because of a conflict.The underside of America’s Greatest Resort just doesn’t look so great. All I ask for is a level playing field. We had joint sponsorship with the Sentinel of our April 7 and April 14 events and left the questions solely up to two professional journalists.Michael HinchmanPresidentFairness in TaxesDownload (PDF, 621KB)
Arya added that personal assets from those who allegedly took part in the Asuransi Jiwasraya corruption case would not be available for sale unless there was a court ruling to that effect.“If the suspects lose at the District Court, maybe they will appeal to the Supreme Court, and this process may repeat itself several times,” he said. “It can take two to three years to reach a court ruling.”The government, therefore, had decided to sell Jiwasraya’s assets in advance to repay customers’ claims because a legal decision would take a long time, Arya said.Read also: Jiwasraya’s losses from investing in questionable stocks reach Rp 13tPreviously, the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) seized Rp 13.1 trillion worth of assets from six suspects in the alleged corruption case of PT Asuransi Jiwasraya. The AGO has confiscated jewelry, land certificates, vehicles, coal and gold mines and even captive Arowana fish from the six suspects.The suspects include PT Asuransi Jiwasraya’s former finance director, Harry Prasetyo, its former director, Hendrisman Rahim, and its former investment and finance head, Syahmirwan. (eyc)Topics : The State-Owned Enterprises (SEO) Ministry plans to sell State-owned insurer PT Asuransi Jiwasraya’s assets, including a shopping mall and a collection of mutual funds in an effort to pay clients’ claims.The ministry’s spokesperson Arya Sinulingga said it would start selling the assets once the Jiwasraya taskforce in the legislature agreed to the plan.“We are going to make an insurance holding company, and it can buy Jiwasraya’s office so that the assets stay within SOEs,” he said on Thursday as reported by kompas.com. Cilandak Town Square (Citos), a shopping mall in South Jakarta, is also going to be offered for sale. Arya said that the mall would be sold for between Rp 2 trillion (US$136.2 million) and Rp 3 trillion but that no bidders had yet appeared.Read also: No talks on a bailout for Jiwasraya, audit agency saysHe added that the ministry would prioritize other state-owned enterprises in buying the assets. However, interested state-owned enterprises would need to offer competitive prices as the ministry would not sell the assets below market price.Jiwasraya was investigated for corruption and asset mismanagement after the insurer failed to pay out more than Rp 16 trillion to its customers in matured insurance policies as of January.
During the recent Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure Conference in Amsterdam, we interviewed Mr Jaap van Thiel de Vries, General Manager of Hydronamic at Boskalis, on the importance of investing in stakeholder engagement.The stakeholder engagement is one of four key enablers that were presented in the CEDA-IADC Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure guidebook.The guidebook, which was officially unveiled at the conference, has been designed as an authoritative guide to delivering dredging projects that enhance the natural and socio-economic systems.In it, the four key enablers vital to the industry were discussed: the issues of valuation of ecosystem benefits, the stakeholder engagement, adaptive management of dredging projects and the beneficial use of dredged materials.Here’s what Mr de Vries from Boskalis had to say on the importance of investing in stakeholder engagement and other dredging related topics during our conference in Amsterdam.
READ: Lionel Messi’s Son Reacts Adorably To Dad’s Sixth Ballon D’Or; Steals Show At CeremonyMateo, son of Messi, certainly couldn’t contain his excitement and happiness when his dad received the player of the year award. The gesture is a winning heart across the internet. Mateo with his innocent reaction proved that he is the biggest fan of star Barcelona striker. The video was shared by #BallondOr on their Twitter account and was viewed more than 3 million times. The netizen was awestruck at Mateo’s adorable reaction. READ: Ballon D’Or Highlights: Lionel Messi Crowned The World’s Best Player For A Record 6th TimeThe Ballon d’Or 2019 ceremony just concluded on Monday night and as expected, Lionel Messi scooped the award for the sixth time in his career. The Barcelona forward had stiff competition from Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk but eventually prevailed with the Dutch defender taking second place on the podium. Pragya Puri 9 months ago Megan Rapinoe continues her glorious year with a Ballon d’Or WATCH US LIVE First Published: 3rd December, 2019 16:26 IST 😆 When your dad became the 2019 Ballon d’Or ! #ballondor pic.twitter.com/E1WMm0fkCT— #BallondOr (@francefootball) December 2, 2019 LIVE TV FOLLOW US Leo #Messi wins #BallonDor number 6️⃣❗️— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) December 2, 2019 Last Updated: 3rd December, 2019 16:26 IST VIRAL: Lionel Messi’s Son’s Adorable Reaction Steals The Show At His Dad’s Ballon D’Or Win Lionel Messi’s son Mateo was captured in an adorable moment when his dad received the Ballon d’Or. The video is winning hearts across the social media 9 months ago Lionel Messi nearly hit by umbrella thrown by Atletico fan after scoring late winner 9 months ago ‘Greatest of All Time’: Fans rejoice after Lionel Messi wins his 6th Ballon d’Or WE RECOMMEND Messi last won the award back in 2015 and has now 6 Ballon d’Or awards, leaving his Portuguese rival Cristiano Ronaldo behind at 5.READ: ‘Greatest Of All Time’: Fans Rejoice After Lionel Messi Wins His 6th Ballon D’OrREAD: Lionel Messi Wins Record Breaking Sixth Ballon D’Or, Overtakes Ronaldo 9 months ago Ballon d’Or highlights: Lionel Messi crowned the world’s best player for a record 6th time Written By The crowd couldn’t stop applauding when playing legend Lionel Messi won the Ballon d’Or for the 6th time in Paris on December 2. However, his biggest fan and youngest son stole the show with his undeniably adorable reaction when his dad held the trophy aloft. Messi’s son winning hearts on the internet with his reaction During the ceremony, when the announcement was made that the winner of the Ballon d’Or is Lionel Messi, the cameras captured the reaction of his four-year-old son. He was seen sitting in the red chair, and after the announced was excitedly bouncing up and down on his seat. There was a huge smile on his face and he tugged at another kid who was sitting beside time. 9 months ago Lionel Messi, Megan Rapinoe expected to take Ballon d’Or Honours SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENT