Gov. Wolf, Sen. Casey Announce $3 Million in State Funding for New Project HOME Facility in Philadelphia

first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Gov. Wolf, Sen. Casey Announce $3 Million in State Funding for New Project HOME Facility in Philadelphia Equality,  Press Release Philadelphia, PA – Governor Tom Wolf and Senator Bob Casey today announced a $3 million grant to help fund the construction of a new Project HOME building with LGBTQ-friendly affordable housing units for young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.“Nationwide, 40 percent of homeless young adults identify as LGBTQ, and we know that without early interventions to educate, employ, and empower homeless youth, and without a stabilizing force in their lives, it becomes incredibly hard to break the cycle they are caught in,” Governor Wolf said. “This project will target that population, giving them a place to stay and access to critical services that they need to get back on their feet in a time of intense need.”“Our nation has a deep and abiding obligation to the most vulnerable, a mission Project HOME fulfils daily,” Senator Casey said. “Earlier this year I called for additional resources to combat homelessness, particularly among children. I worked to help secure this grant so that more children in Southeastern Pennsylvania will be able to have this basic measure of security. This grant will also ensure that LGBTQ youth have an opportunity to reside in a secure and affirming environment.”The $3 million Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) funding will go toward construction of a four-story, 36,000 square-foot building at 1315 N. 8th Street in the Kensington section of the city. It will include 30 one-bedroom units of affordable housing targeted to young adults (age 18-25) who are homeless, have experienced homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness (including those aging out of foster care), and will be LGBTQ-friendly. Residents will benefit from a combination of housing, employment, education and health care-related services, as well as case management, life skills and community-building activities.“Project HOME is very grateful for the partnership with Governor Wolf and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,” said Sister Mary Scullion, President and Executive Director of Project HOME. “With their extraordinary leadership, the $3 million RACP grant will leverage an estimated $13 million in total direct capital investment to support phase one of a two part, $27 million project at 8th and Thompson Streets. The first phase is 30 units of LGBTQ-friendly housing for homeless and at-risk young adults. We will continue our work with the broader community because none of us are home until all of us are home.”Project HOME plans to break ground in the spring of 2017. Construction is expected to be complete by the spring of 2018.Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolfcenter_img October 21, 2016last_img read more

LIME’S loud this summer with Rihanna

first_img Tweet 19 Views   no discussions Rihanna performing at a concert in Dallas, Texas last month. Photo credit: BBC NewsRoseau Dominica – July 18, 2011: LIME has upped up the entertainment ante for the summer with its sponsorship of “Rihanna Loud in Barbados” – a partnership between the telecoms company and the Barbados Tourism Authority, which will see the pop superstar performing at the Kensington Oval on August 5. This will be Rihanna’s first performance in the Caribbean in five years.The Rihanna sponsorship is a special part of LIME’s Summer Promotion and customers in participating markets across the region can win VIP tickets to the concert, airfare to Barbados, hotel accommodations, and transportation.“Rihanna’s Caribbean concert is definitely the event of the year because right now she is one of the hottest entertainers on the planet and LIME is extremely proud to present this historic event,” said Grace Silvera, Regional Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications.Adrian Elcock, Chairman of the Barbados Tourism Authority said:  “The BTA is extremely excited to have LIME on board as its corporate partner in delivering the Rihanna show to the people of the Caribbean. LIME is the leading, fully-integrated, communications company in the Region and it has consistently and sincerely demonstrated a commitment to promoting high quality entertainment and developing the culture and arts of the Caribbean.“We believe that our partnership with Rihanna, demonstrates Barbados’ support for its global superstar, and we want to showcase her amazing talents, at home in Barbados, to the world. As such we know that LIME would make an excellent partner in helping us to communicate that message to the World.”Within two days of the announcement the organisers sold nearly 25,000 tickets for the event.Participating territories are Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, the Turks & Caicos Islands and St. Vincent & the Grenadines. To qualify, LIME customers simply text ‘RIHANNA’ to 5463, purchase a BlackBerry handset from LIME or by signing up for a BlackBerry plan from LIME. The lucky customer will win 2 VIP concert tickets, airfare, accommodation and transportation.The full details of LIME’s offers are available at www.lime.com.“Rihanna Loud in Barbados” is part of a three-year marketing deal the multi-award winning singer has signed with the Barbados Tourism Authority.Press Release Share Sharing is caring!center_img EntertainmentLocalNews LIME’S loud this summer with Rihanna by: – July 19, 2011 Share Sharelast_img read more

Infantino, Ahmad, others to Grace NFF/AITEO Awards

first_imgThere will also be special recognition of a ‘Legends Eleven,’ a squad of outstanding former Nigeria international players.FIFA President Gianni Infantino, due to open the FIFA Executive Football Summit in Lagos the next day, is expected to grace the ceremony alongside CAF President Ahmad, FIFA Secretary General Fatma Samoura, the CAF top hierarchy and presidents of about 20 Member Associations of FIFA.In attendance will also be a large selection of Nigeria’s football legends, including former captains Christian Chukwu, Olusegun Odegbami, Daniel Amokachi, Mutiu Adepoju, Uche Okechukwu, Garba Lawal, Austin Jay Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu and Joseph Yobo.NFF 1st Vice President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, who is also Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Awards, told thenff.com during the week that voting by selected voters is going on across the country, after nominations were compiled for the various award categories by a screening committee.“I can tell you that all arrangements have been tidied up and we are looking forward to a truly big day. The NFF decided it was the right time to launch a project to recognize and reward excellence in Nigerian Football.“Fortunately, we found a worthy partner in the Government of Lagos State and also our major partner, AITEO,” he said as he revealed that the NFF Awards will be an annual event.Top officials of the Lagos State Government, Members of the NFF Executive Committee and Management, Members of NFF Congress, officials of the Lagos State FA, NFF partners and sponsors, former NFF Presidents, former NFF General Secretaries, Chairmen of NPFL clubs and members of the diplomatic corp are also expected.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram By Demola OjoThe inaugural edition of the NFF Football Awards, supported by partners AITEO and host city Lagos, will hold tomorrow at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island. The awards will be the first time that the Nigeria Football Federation will organize a ceremony to reward and inspire the major actors and actresses in the Nigerian football space.Awards will be presented to winners in numerous categories including Player of the Year (men), Player of the Year (women), Coach of the Year (men), Coach of the Year (women), Young Player of the Year (men), Young Player of the Year (women), Team of the Season, Fairplay Award, Goal of the Season, Fans of the Season, NFF Development Award and Platinum Award categories.last_img read more

Alberttown mason remanded on robbery charge

first_imgThe 21-year-old Albertown, Georgetown mason, who was given a second chance when he was released on bail by Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on a simple larceny charge, did not heed the advice which was given to him since he landed himself in court again on a similar charge. This time he was remanded.The charge against Isiah Daniels stated that on December 9, 2018, at Georgetown, while being in the company of others, he robbed Davindra Lakhram of a cellphone, a sim card and cash among other items which amounted to $167,500.An unrepresented Daniels denied the charge.Police Prosecutor Sanj Singh objected to bail, informing the court that Daniels has a pending matter in another court.Magistrate Daly upheld the prosecution’s submission and remanded the defendant to prison. The case will continue on January 18, 2019.last_img read more