Ancelotti was sacked by Napoli this week (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are not considering Carlo Ancelotti as a serious candidate to take charge at the club, according to reports.Ancelotti is a free agent following his exit from Napoli and is keen on a return to the Premier League.Everton are interested in the Italian, but ESPN claim Arsenal have two major concerns about hiring Ancelotti.The 60-year-old does not fit the profile of the head coach they are looking for and Arsenal are concerned by his recent record.ADVERTISEMENT Advertisement Coral BarryWednesday 11 Dec 2019 10:15 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link166Shares Arsenal board not interested in hiring Carlo Ancelotti as head coach Advertisement Comment Arteta fits the profile Arsenal are looking for in their new coach (Picture: Getty)Despite being regarded as one of the best coaches in the world, Arsenal are wary of his short spells at Bayern Munich and Napoli.AdvertisementAdvertisementAncelotti was sacked by Bayern in his second season in charge and left Napoli this week after months of turmoil at the club.Arsenal are preparing to interview a host of coaches for the full-time position and there could be as many as ten applicants.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityThe Gunners have received several applications since the sacking of Unai Emery last month and the board is in no rush to make an appointment.Arsenal are prepared to give interim coach Freddie Ljungberg time to prove himself after a difficult start in the dug-out.Ljungberg reacted to the news of Arsenal’s interest in Ancelotti on Wednesday, saying: ‘I try just to concentrate on my job,’ he said ahead of tomorrow’s Europa League match against Standard Liege.‘Who the club decide to choose is totally up to them. I stay out of it.’MORE: Arsenal make offer to Vitor Pereira to become new head coachMORE: Arsenal’s Kieran Tierney expected to miss three months with dislocated shoulder
171 Views one comment Tweet Share Students of the Dominica Grammar School protesting outside of Parliament on Thursday morning. The Dominica Grammar School (DGS) has been at the center of controversy for the second consecutive day.On Wednesday teachers staged a “sit in” refusing to teach classes following an attack on one of their colleagues by a student.On Thursday the students decided to mount their own protest citing security issues as a major concern.“We are out of school today because students started throwing chairs and desks at teachers and all over the schools compound,” one student told Dominica Vibes after our reporter inquired why such a large number of them were in the streets during school hours.“That not finishing so. We want the teachers to teach us and expel the boy they are protesting about because we want to learn,” another student yelled.The students who apparently planned this protest action bore placards written “We need security”, “Mock exams in two weeks we the students need security,” among others.The students matched to the Financial Center in Roseau and then on to the Parliament building while Parliament was in session and were asked to leave by the police.Meantime education officials and members of the Dominica Teachers Association have met to address the problem.Chief Education Officer Steve Hyacinth said the issue of security at schools has been raised and this is being assessed.He said some measures have already been implemented including the availability of security guards at the schools.Hyacinth also noted that the student in question was suspended but that the student has to be accessed further and the matter could lead to an expulsion.Dominica Vibes News EducationLocalNewsSecondary DGS students protest outside Parliament by: – February 16, 2012 Sharing is caring! Share Share
The Gabon star’s contract expires at the end of next season and he has been linked with a move, with several of Europe’s top clubs keeping tabs.Gunners boss Arteta said: “They are completely right to want him because he’s a superb player.“He completely deserves to be liked by other teams — but hopefully we can convince him this is the right place for him. That he has a future here.“Hopefully not just wins like this will help keep him — but also what we are trying to do.“He really enjoys it on the pitch every time he goes out and he feels very much part of what we’re trying to build here.“I think he’s in that mindset at the moment.”Dominic Calvert-Lewin fired Everton ahead with an overhead kick after just 49 seconds.But Arsenal hit back through strikes from Eddie Nketiah and Aubameyang before Richarlison bundled in an equaliser.Aubameyang then headed what turned out to be the winner 27 seconds into the second half.Arteta admits he had concerns about his goal hero before he returned to Arsenal as manager just before Christmas.The Spaniard revealed: “I had two questions. He doesn’t want to do it, or he cannot do it physically.“Once I found out physically he could do it, it was just about convincing him that he needs to do it every three days. And he’s showing that.Mikel Arteta believes he can convince Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to stayRead Also: Xhaka reveals how Arteta turned his Arsenal career around“I think it’s been tough, you know for a player like him, there’s been a lot of disappointments in the last few months and years — because he has big expectations.“You know he wants to play for the biggest club in the biggest tournaments and be up there with the best players in the world.“We have to try to support him and give him everything so he really feels fulfilled here. That’s the challenge I have.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Mikel Arteta believes he can convince Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to stay.Advertisement Arsenal striker Auba netted twice against the Toffees to take his tally for the campaign to 19 in all competitions. Loading… Promoted Content6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone40 Child Actors Who Turned Into Gorgeous Adults9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Actors Who Quit Movies For Shocking ReasonsRobert Pattinson Showed The GQ Magazine What Quarantining Means7 Of The Best Top Models From IndiaThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?What Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?
Daniel Sturridge has pledged his future to Liverpool by signing a new contract which will keep him at Anfield until 2019.The new five-year deal is heavily incentivised and could net the Liverpool striker almost £40m.Sturridge’s pay packet is expected to soar from £65,000-a-week to beyond £150,000-a-week if he is playing and scoring regularly.Talks began at the end of last season and, despite the player’s representatives and the club being apart at the start of the month, common ground was found to tie Sturridge’s long term future to the Anfield club.As with all the contracts now on offer from Liverpool, the terms are performance-related and mean Sturridge will be rewarded financially for his progress on the pitch.The improved deal is a reflection of the strides Sturridge has made since arriving on Merseyside from Chelsea for £12m in January 2013 with 36 goals plundered in just 52 appearances. Sturridge has been sidelined for a month with a thigh injury sustained while with England and is unlikely to face West Brom tomorrow.“He has had a Grade One injury now for near on four weeks which is a long time,” said manager Brendan Rodgers.
The pairs for the quarter finals of this Cup in B&H are:KK ”Brotnjo” – KK ”Čapljina Lasta”KK ”Zrinjski” – KK ”Široki Wwin”KK ”Radnik BN Basket” – KK ”Igokea”KK ”Posušje” – KK ”Bosna ASA BHT” In the premises of the Basketball Federation of B&H new pairs for the quarter finals of the Cup in B&H were chosen for the male teams. The derby in Herzegovina will be played by KK ”Zrinjski” against KK ”Široki Wwin”. An interesting duel will be played by KK ”Radnik BN Basket” against KK”. All basketball games will be played on the 15th January 2013.