The patient, he said, has been going out of his residence for seven days already before his test result came out on June 19. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA Mayor Renato Gustilo announced this move in his Executive Order No. 145, citing the closure of portions of Zone 6 of Barangay 5 and 6 in the city. A total of 1,000 households were affected. “He is an undocumented and returned to Negros Occidental via the Tabuelan Port crossing to Escalante City,” the mayor added. “We will transfer the patient to the Provincial Healing Facility in E.B. Magalona while contact tracing is ongoing,” he said. BACOLOD City – To avert possible transmission of coronavirus disease 2019, local authorities in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental placed portions of two barangays under a 14-day preventive lockdown after a resident there tested positive for the viral disease. Mayor Renato Gustilo. San Carlos City, Neg. Occ. – LGU Information Page According to Gustilo, the 36-year-old patient was a locally stranded individual (LSI) from Cebu and was classified as the province’s Patient No. 31. The city government has already provided food packs to the affected families in the area. Meanwhile, Gustilo said he will write the national Inter-Agency Task Force to allow local government units to enforce health protocols on returning LSIs in their jurisdiction./PN Gustilo further said the patient is now under home quarantine because the quarantine facility of the city government is already full housing more than 80 LSIs.
Associated Press A tentative national schedule has been released, leading up to the U.S. Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, in June 2021.The first meet of the TYR Pro Swim Series is set for Richmond from Nov. 5-8, followed by Knoxville, Tennessee (Jan. 13-16, 2021), San Antonio (March 3-6), Mission Viejo, California (April 8-11, 2021), and Indianapolis (May 12-15).Other meets on the tentative national schedule include the Toyota U.S. Open in Atlanta from Dec. 2-5, as well as the Speedo Juniors East and West short-course meets from Dec. 9-12, which will be held in Atlanta and Austin, Texas, respectively.___UEFA is paying 236.5 million euros ($255 million) in advance to its national federations and easing requirements on how they spend it during the pandemic. The program is worth more than 11 million euros ($12 million) in the current 4-year cycle compared to $6 million in basic funding from FIFA for 2019-22.___Organizers of the Catalonia Vuelta cycling race say this year’s edition will take place next year.The 100th edition of the race had already been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic. It was originally scheduled for March 23-29.Organizers say the cycling calendar has been significantly reduced because of the pandemic and they didn’t want the Catalonia Vuelta competing with other major events. They also did not want to change the race’s format. ___There won’t be any sun or sand for beach volleyball pros amid the coronavirus pandemic.The AVP tour has created a public service announcement to urge its fans to stay home to help fight the spread of the disease. Olympic medalists April Ross and Todd Rogers and a handful of the tour’s other stars recorded videos at home that were assembled for the spot that debuted on Monday.The U.S. tour for the quintessentially outdoors sport has postponed all of its events at least until the Hermosa Beach Open in late July. The international beach volleyball tour has also come to a halt, along with qualifying for the now-postponed Tokyo Olympics.“Together, we can overcome this opponent,” says Ross, who won a silver medal in London and a bronze in Rio de Janiero. FIFA says the rule could be used by all competitions finishing this year and next and all national team games through 2021.FIFA’s proposal must be formally approved by rule-making panel IFAB.___Formula One chairman Chase Carey says he is “increasingly confident” the season can start in July despite the first 10 races being canceled or postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.The French Grand Prix decided to call off its race on June 28 rather than postponing it. That means the earliest start date is now the Austrian GP on July 5. April 27, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Fasig-Tipton will consolidate its July, Saratoga, and New York Bred yearling sales into one auction showcase on Sept. 9-10 at its Lexington, Kentucky, facility. The French Grand Prix has been canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.The decision further pushes back the start of the Formula One season.The race was scheduled for June 28 on the Paul Ricard circuit in Le Castellet in southern France. The French government has banned public gatherings until mid-July and race organizers decided not to try to postpone the race or try holding it without fans.French GP managing director Eric Boullier says their plans are “already turning towards the summer of 2021 in order to offer our spectators an even more original event.”F1 chairman Chase Carey says “while it is disappointing for our fans and the F1 community that the French Grand Prix will not take place we fully support the decision.” ___The title sponsor of New Orleans’ canceled PGA Tour event is donating $1.5 million to the tournament’s primary charitable foundation.The donation matches the amount raised during the 2019 Zurich Classic, which was played in a team format and won by the tandem of Ryan Palmer and Jon Rahm.Before the PGA began canceling events due to the coronavirus pandemic, this year’s Zurich Classic had been scheduled to take place last week at TPC Louisiana, which recently completed $1.9 million in course renovations that entailed digging up and re-sodding fairways, as well as restoring greens and bunkers, and improving drainage.For more than six decades, the New Orleans-area PGA Tour event’s primary charity has been The Fore!Kids Foundation, which raises money through golf events and distributes funds to area children’s service organizations. The Latest: Fasig-Tipton consolidating its yearling sales ___Clemson has canceled all its in-person, on-campus athletic and academic camps due to the coronavirus pandemic. That includes two weeks of coach Dabo Swinney’s football camps where the Tigers coaches have the chance to meet and watch prep athletes work out each summer. The university announced its decision on Monday. It said the school will remain closed until May 8. Late spring and summer camps are popular stops for young people eager to gain instruction and contacts with Clemson coaches in all sports. Swinney and his staff have done well in attracting some of the nation’s top players, in part because they came to work out at the school’s facilities. Clemson finished with the No. 1 recruiting class for this upcoming football season, according to ESPN.com. Silverstone circuit managing director Stuart Pringle wrote an email to ticket buyers saying he is “extremely disappointed to tell you that we are unable to stage this year’s British Grand Prix in front of the fans.”Pringle says organizers left the decision for as long as possible “but it is abundantly clear given the current conditions … that a Grand Prix under normal conditions is just not going to be possible.“___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The person spoke to The AP on Monday on the condition of anonymity because the person is not authorized to discuss the plans of the NHL’s top minor league.The AHL responded by saying there was “nothing imminent” in terms of calling off the remainder of the season.Last week, AHL President and CEO David Andrews said the league was “pivoting” to the 2020-21 season, while adding nothing was official regarding the status of this season.The 31-team AHL joined the NHL in suspending its season on March 12.— AP Hockey Writers John Wawrow and Stephen Whyno reporting. Zurich became the event’s title sponsor in 2005 and since has helped raise more than $21 million for community charities, tournament officials said. Those charities’ missions include providing food, housing and holiday gift cards, as well as educational and recreational opportunities, for children. Beneficiaries also include organizations that assist patients with cancer or other serious ailments and disabilities.___USA Swimming has announced its plans for a return to competition, beginning with a series of regional events in August before the national schedule begins in early November at Richmond, Virginia.The governing body is canceling all national events in July and early August because of the coronavirus pandemic. The regional events will be held in August, with an eye toward limiting the need for travel and promoting a safer environment for athletes, coaches, officials and families.USA Swimming said it will announce further scheduling details in the coming weeks, subject to local health guidelines. The men’s and women’s professional tours are currently suspended until July because of the coronavirus pandemic.Brown is from Germany and his father is Jamaican. He upset Rafal Nadal in the second round at Wimbledon in 2015.Brown says on the event’s website he is “happy to have the chance to compete again. … I am looking forward to going out there doing what I love.”The shortened matches will be best of three with four games to win a set. Tiebreakers will be played at 3-3.___ ___FIFA wants to let soccer teams use five substitutes to cope with expected schedule congestion caused by the coronavirus pandemic.FIFA says the temporary plan could help prevent more injuries due to “potential player overload” as soccer competitions catch up with a backlog.The proposal gives competition organizers the option of letting teams use five substitutes in 90 minutes and a sixth in knockout games that go to extra time.Teams would still be limited to three stoppages of play to make the changes. Carey says “we are now increasingly confident with the progress of our plans to begin our season this summer” and that 15-18 races can take place.F1 plans to start racing in Europe “through July, August and beginning of September, with the first race taking place in Austria.”The plan is then to race in “Eurasia, Asia and the Americas, finishing the season in the Gulf in December with Bahrain before the traditional finale in Abu Dhabi.”Carey expects the early races to be without fans but hopes they “will be part of our events as we move further into the schedule.”___ The company made its decision after watching the progression of the coronavirus pandemic over the last several weeks.Fasig-Tipton president Boyd Browning says the 2-year-old sales season needs to end before yearling sales begin, which makes the usual July sale unfeasible. With details for Saratoga’s summer racing season yet to be finalized, Browning says the auction house needed to give sellers a definitive schedule so they can make plans for their yearlings.The sales will return to their traditional dates in 2021.___A person with direct knowledge of discussions tells The Associated Press it’s “quite likely” the American Hockey League will cancel the remainder of its season because of the new coronavirus pandemic. The Russian soccer league says it is hoping to resume play in late June and wants to complete its season by Aug. 2.The league says it is discussing June 21 and 28 with clubs as possible dates to resume the season amid the coronavirus pandemic. Each club has eight more league games to play.The league says it would keep promotion and relegation if the season can be completed.The league could expand from 16 to 18 teams for next season with the addition of the two best-placed teams from the second division if the season can’t be finished. It would then shrink back to its current size for the 2021-22 season. The Russian Cup could also be removed from the calendar for next season only.Players in Russia are currently training on their own at home during a nationwide lockdown and some foreign players have left the country. The league says it has discussed a return to training but didn’t announce any dates for that. The first 10 races this season have either been rescheduled or canceled.The Austrian Grand Prix on July 5 is now the earliest potential date to start the season.___British Grand Prix organizers say they are talking to the government about the viability of holding the Formula One race on July 19 with no fans amid the coronavirus pandemic.The season was due to begin in March but no races have been possible so far. Organizers say they want “to celebrate a 100th edition with the maximum guarantees and with the best world cyclists.”They say the race will be held next year in the last week of March.___A group of professional tennis players led by Dustin Brown will meet in a series of exhibition tournaments in Germany starting Friday.The live-streamed event will take place at an academy near the small town of Höhr-Grenzhausen. UEFA says each of its 55 members is getting up to 4.3 million euros ($4.7 million) they are due in central funding through next season.UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin says the money “can be used as our members see fit to rebuild the football community.”Ceferin says “this is a responsible decision to help as much as we can.”European officials are usually required to spend certain amounts in areas such as youth and women’s soccer, referee training, and operating costs. They are not subject to mandatory UEFA audits.UEFA’s funding program, called Hat-Trick, is worth twice as much to European federations as they get from FIFA.
Donegal North East TD, Pádraig Mac Lochlainn is to seek assurances from the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar on the future operation of the Malin Head Coastguard Station.Deputy Padraig MacLochlainnIt follows reports that the station may be reduced to a 12 hour service and renamed.Deputy Joe McHugh assured Donegal Daily yesterday there were no plans to downgrade the station. Sinn Fein’s Deputy Mac Lochlainn said “The people of the North West, particularly those living in coastal communities have repeatedly had to endure speculation about the future of the Malin Head station. This is a world class service that we are very proud of. A service essential to this region. An emergency service that saves lives all year around”.He dded it is disturbing to learn of reports that the station may be reduced to a 12 hour service and renamed.“I am seeking assurance from the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar that these reports are untrue and I am further seeking assurance that the staffing numbers required to maintain a 24 hour service are achieved at Malin Head and then maintained.“I have refrained from criticising Minister Varadkar over this matter to date as it has been my opinion that some senior officials in his department have long sought the closure of Malin Head Coastguard and Valentia Coastguard Stations and the centralisation of marine rescue services to Dublin. “However it is now time that this agenda was quashed once and for all and the person to do this can only be the Minister himself”. MacLOCHLAINN SEEKS ASSURANCES ON FUTURE OF MALIN HEAD COASTGUARD was last modified: December 31st, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Deputy Padraig MacLochlainnMalin Head Coastguard station