Star potential: George Boateng tips Kudus to excel at Ajax

first_imgAston Villa Youth coach and former Netherlands midfielder George Boateng says Mohammed Kudus has what it takes to become a star.The 19 year old sealed a 9 million euro move to Ajax FC and has signed a 5 year contract with the Dutch champions.Speaking on The Tracker on Citi TV Boateng pointed out that Ajax have high expectations of their new wonder kid.“The reason why Holland and Ajax is bringing him in this way is because they can see what I have seen.“He has got such a huge potential.“What a talent to have among the squad.“With Ziyech being sold to Chelsea they were looking for someone similar to that and found Mohammed Kudus and that says a lot.Kudus has also been nominated for the 2020 Golden Boy Award,an honour handed to the most outstanding youngster in Europe.He has spoken of his readiness and also his excitement to test himself on the next stage with Ajax both domestically and in the UEFA champions league.last_img read more

Dodgers-Nationals Game 2 of NLDS postponed until Sunday

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error WASHINGTON >> Game 2 of the NL Division Series between the Dodgers and Washington Nationals, scheduled for Saturday at 1 p.m. PT, has been rained out. The teams will play Game 2 on Sunday at 10:08 a.m. PT. The Dodgers lead the best-of-five series, 1-0.Commissioner Rob Manfred announced the postponement about an hour before gametime Saturday.Rain that intensified as Hurricane Matthew moved up the coast had already washed out on-field batting practice.last_img read more

MAN ACCUSED OF DEATH BY DANGEROUS DRIVING SAID HE DID NOT KNOW IF TRAILER LIGHTS WERE WORKING

first_imgAdrian McCool is accused of causing death by dangerous driving. Pic by North-West News-pix.A FARMER who was forced to pull over after the sheep trailer he was towing suffered a puncture – has appeared before a jury at Letterkenny Circuit Court where he is accused of causing death by dangerous driving.Adrian McCool pleaded not guilty to causing the death of 53-year-old John O’Donnell who died in road traffic collision in the townland of Cappry, outside Ballybofey on November 13th, 2013. At the trial yesterday, Garda Elaine Gordon, who was one of the first Gardaí on the scene – gave evidence in relation to the fatal collision.She told the court, “I was on traffic control duty between Bridgend and Killea, when I received word that there had been a road traffic accident.“My colleague Garda Mulkearns and I made our way to the scene of the accident, but the weather was dreadful.“There was very, very heavy rain and visibility was very poor and Garda Mulkearns had his wipers on full.”The court heard that one of the first people Garda Gordon spoke to was Mr Terry Temple, who was the driver of the Toyota Land-Cruiser that Mr O’Donnell collided with.Garda Gordon said she carried out a breath test on Mr Temple and that he was fully compliant with her.She confirmed that Mr Temple passed the breath test.Garda Gordon then told the court, “I then spoke to Mr Adrian McCool and asked him for his details.“I then also carried out a breath test on him, and he also passed, he was also fully compliant with me.“Mr McCool then said, ‘I was pulling in when I got a puncture, I was not fully in when I heard a loud bang. ‘It’s my cousin’s trailer and I don’t know if the lights are working on it.”The trial continues this morning.MAN ACCUSED OF DEATH BY DANGEROUS DRIVING SAID HE DID NOT KNOW IF TRAILER LIGHTS WERE WORKING was last modified: February 11th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Chelsea reportedly reject £50m Barcelona offer for star man

first_img possible standings 2 His performances dropped off at times in the latter part of the season, though the Stamford Bridge hierarchy still appear reluctant to let Willian leave.The Blues are now talking to 22-year-old Russian midfielder Aleksandr Golovin as they look to recruit new faces ahead of the upcoming season. Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City silverware Willian scored for Chelsea against Barcelona in the Champions League in February Latest Chelsea News crackers Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? shining smart causal Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade 2 possible xi REVEALED REVEALED Chelsea have reportedly rejected a £50m offer from Barcelona for Brazilian winger Willian.According to the Mail, the 29-year-old’s representatives have been in Barcelona and had discussions with Blaugrana chiefs. tense How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures How Chelsea could line up against Southampton – what system will Lampard play? Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT gameday cracker The Spanish side see the Willian someone who can add to their attack and want him to link up with his countryman Philippe Coutinho, following the departure of Andres Iniesta.Manchester United have also expressed a strong interest in the skilful wideman and attempted to sign him in January, however this move was resisted by Chelsea while he was in a strong run of form. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Brown’s half-time antics, eight-goal thrillers… relive these Boxing Day classics Mourinho is known to have a close relationship with Willian as he was one of the only players performing to the best of his ability during Chelsea’s woeful 2015/16 campaign But Chelsea are understood to have no interest in letting him leave.The Camp Nou side claimed a LaLiga and Copa del Rey double last season, almost going unbeaten in the process, however manager Ernesto Valverde still seems to have concerns surrounding his squad’s depth and attacking flair.This was highlighted during their stunning Champions League quarter-final defeat to Roma.last_img read more