Warburtons, which was exhibiting at the Convenience Retailing Show from March 1-3, revealed to British Baker that it is targeting the foodservice sector for the first time, working with FusionFSM, a firm that offers a strategic service for suppliers interested in entering the market.FusionFSM’s MD Peter Green told British Baker: “We carried out a survey for Warburtons in relation to foodservice to find out the opportunities. There is good interest in their core range of products, such as sliced bread as well as fruited loaves and hot cross buns.”As a result of the study, we are representing them in the areas of hotels, contract caterers and wholesalers. We will gauge reaction as we progress.”Green said that, initially, he approached the company last May and held a number of meetings. The decision to go ahead with the project was taken last month (February) with the support of Warburtons’ new business director Jason Uttley.l Warburtons is also launching a Bread and Milk Guarantee scheme for convenience stores, with point-of-sale material such as shelf wobblers, posters and window stickers, all telling consumers that the store guarantees to stock milk and Warburtons bread at all times of the day. Should either not be available, the customer is given a voucher enabling them to collect them for free the next day.
Tweet 11 Views no discussions Share Share Sharing is caring! LocalNews DPSU awaits government response to salary negotiations by: – April 26, 2012 Share Thomas Letang. (file photo)General Secretary of the Dominica Public Service Union Thomas Letang has said that his organization is awaiting government’s response on the issue regarding salary negotiations for public servants.Letang told an interview with the media that the government promised to respond in a timely matter “but we have not yet seen that”.“The last time we wrote to them they said the matter was being looked at and we expect them to respond to us, giving us more information,” he said.Meantime Letang said he is still concerned about the issue of the pension age.“We are concerned about the impact the social security act is having on the public. Some people retried a few months ago and they were expected to have received their pension from DSS. As it is now, this means they would have to go without a pension because it means that government would have already bridged that gap, and DSS would have taken over,” he added.He said “I am beginning to ask myself, why that level of insensitivity. Why is it taking so long when you know that people are going to be affected by a decision”.According to Letang, several persons are being affected by the amendment, “and we are not being told as to what is going to happen to these people”.He said further that a national retirement age must be looked at.“The union is taking this matter seriously. We need all citizens to rally behind us to give us support to ensure that pensioners do not suffer as a loss of income,” he added.Dominica Vibes News
Fresh charges of rape and sodomy have been filed against soccer Star Asamoah Gyan by the 22-year-old student- Sarah Kwablah.Lawyer for the accuser Maurice Ampaw said the complaint was made at the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOOVSU) at the Ministry Police Station in Accra two days ago.He said they will be pursuing the criminal case against the Black Stars captain.Sarah Kwabla is accusing Asamoah Gyan of sodomy and rape after the two had an affair early February.She also claims the soccer star has failed to take responsibility for the pregnancy that resulted from the affair they had.Gyan has not denied having sexual intercourse with the 22-year-old but is accusing the lady of blackmail. According to reports the complainant is asking for a fully furnished apartment, a housemaid as well as a $1,000 monthly stipend from Gyan, demands the soccer star consider as outrageous.But the victim is alleged to have threatened to release a video of the sexual affair she had with Gyan if he doesn’t meet her demands.A case of blackmail was subsequently lodged at the Odorkor police against Kwabla, by Kissi Adjabeng, lawyer for Asamoah Gyan but the case has since been closed.The Odorkor Police told Joy News’ Fred Smith the case was amicably resolved after the woman stated she had no such video in her possession.Just when the Odorkor Police closed their docket, Maurice Ampaw said the Ministry Police has opened a new case against the soccer star. He said the police have begun investigating the matter.Maurice Ampaw is known to have accused Gyan of having a hand in the supposed ‘death’ of musician Castro who has gone missing for nearly a year.
India dropped Shikhar Dhawan from the playing XI for the ICC World Twenty20 semi-final clash against West Indies on Thursday. (Live Scorecard)Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who lost the toss at the Wankhede Stadium, made two changes to the squad after axing Dhawan. Ajinkya Rahane, who was with the team since the start of the tournament, replaced the out-of-form opener. (India vs West Indies, ICC World T20 semi-final: LIVE UPDATES) Karnataka batsman Manish Pandey replaced all-rounder Yuvraj Singh, who was ruled out of the tournament after he suffered an ankle injury during the league game against Australia.Dhoni’s decision to axe Dhawan for the big clash came as a surprise as the Indian skipper had backed him even after a string of poor performances.Dhawan had scored only 43 runs from four outings in the tournament with his top score of 23 coming against Bangladesh. Dhawan had trouble facing up to against genuine pace in this tournament.Dhawan, who had hit a half-century in the home series against Sri Lanka, lost his touch in the Asia Cup T20 tournament. Dhawan could only manage 19 runs in the tournament before slamming a match-winning 60 against Bangladesh in the final.