WIZO.uk chooses thankQ to manage intensive fundraising activity

first_imgWIZO.uk chooses thankQ to manage intensive fundraising activity About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.  57 total views,  1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis 1-8 May is Jewish Women’s Week and understandably for the Women’s International Zionist Organisation (WIZO.uk), it is a key event in their fundraising calendar. So when Francine Barsam, Head of Marketing and Communications began the process of looking for a replacement database system, the ability to maximise fundraising opportunities during Jewish Women’s Week was a top priority.WIZO.uk is one of the largest Jewish Women’s membership organisations in Great Britain and Ireland. Their goal is to raise funds to support vital social welfare work caring for the people of Israel. WIZO staff and volunteers worldwide play an instrumental role in operating over 800 social welfare projects and services.Having used the same membership system for over 10 years, WIZO.uk felt it was time to either upgrade or replace their system to meet their current requirements, which now include CRM, events, fundraising and finance functions. Web integration was also an important consideration, as WIZO.uk want to give their 25,000 plus supporter base the convenience of being able to update their details and book events online.The thankQ CRM system was initially recommended to WIZO.uk by a member of staff who had used it in a previous role. The WIZO.uk team looked at a range of potential suppliers, before ultimately selecting thankQ.Linda Boxer, Executive Director at WIZO.uk said of the selection, “Jewish Women’s Week is a time when awareness of women’s issues in Israel is at its highest. The ways in which thankQ can help us to effectively capture information, manage donations and communicate to existing and potential donors during these intensive fundraising periods is impressive, and we look forward to putting thankQ through its paces”.www.thankq.co.uk Tagged with: Consulting & Agencies Technology Howard Lake | 10 May 2011 | Newslast_img read more

Judge rules out ‘unfair’ claims

first_img Previous Article Next Article Employeescan no longer claim compensation for injury to feelings in unfair dismissalcases, following a judgment at the Employment Appeal Tribunal last week.MrJustice Burton ruled in the case of Dunnachie v Kingston upon Hull City Councilthat non-pecuniary losses are not recoverable in employment tribunals in unfairdismissal claims.Thismeans tribunals cannot award damages for personal injuries, aggravation andinjury to feelings caused by the manner (or fact) of dismissal.JohnMcMullen, national head of employment law at law firm Pinsents, said:”This judgment should be a great relief to employers.” Under sexdiscrimination claims, awards of up to £25,000 can be made for injury tofeelings. Judge rules out ‘unfair’ claimsOn 27 May 2003 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos. Comments are closed. last_img read more

Injuries no excuse for Kevin De Bruyne as Manchester City try to stay the course

first_img Press Association They all responded to the challenge superbly on Saturday as the Barclays Premier League leaders thrashed Bournemouth 5-1 at the Etihad Stadium. Sterling scored a hat-trick, Bony grabbed the other two and De Bruyne was influential throughout. De Bruyne said: “More people will look at us because we have lost two great players on the attacking front, but I think the other ones are really good players. “Maybe we don’t have the experience of the other ones but I think we are doing really well together and the more games we will get the more we will know each other and hopefully the better we will do. “It is always a blow when you miss them but we need to maintain our level and try to win without them. “It is not an excuse to say at the Etihad we may lose four games because they are not there. If you want to win titles you have to do with the players what you have. Sometimes it is maybe more difficult but you have to try to win these games.” Another player who might have been asked to step up in such circumstances is Samir Nasri but the Frenchman experienced discomfort on his return from a hamstring injury against Bournemouth. The 28-year-old replaced De Bruyne in the 62nd minute but was troubled in the latter stages and only played until the end because City had used all their substitutes. He now looks doubtful for Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Sevilla. Manager Manuel Pellegrini said: “Nasri had a problem with his hamstring. I think it will be very difficult for him (to play Wednesday). “Unfortunately we knew that he was feeling something after we made the third change, but he didn’t run too much. He stayed in the middle so we’ll see in the next day what happens with him.” City’s most established attacking duo were both injured in the recent international break with star striker Aguero set to be out for at least a month and playmaker Silva a fortnight. The pressure to deliver up front has therefore shifted to the likes of De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Wilfried Bony – a trio signed for close to a combined £130million over the past year. center_img Kevin de Bruyne accepts there can be no excuses if Manchester City slip up in the absences of Sergio Aguero and David Silva. last_img read more

St. Louis looks to extend streak vs UMass

first_img Associated Press February 17, 2020 St. Louis looks to extend streak vs UMass Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditSaint Louis (18-7, 7-5) vs. UMass (10-15, 4-8)William D. Mullins Center, Amherst, Massachusetts; Tuesday, 7 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Saint Louis looks for its sixth straight win in the head-to-head series over UMass. Saint Louis has won by an average of 8 points in its last five wins over the Minutemen. UMass’ last win in the series came on Jan. 31, 2015, a 60-56 win.center_img BIG MEN ON CAMPUS: UMass’ Tre Mitchell has averaged 16.6 points and 6.3 rebounds while Carl Pierre has put up 13 points. For the Billikens, Jordan Goodwin has averaged 15.4 points, 10.3 rebounds and two steals while Hasahn French has put up 12.2 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.6 blocks.GIFTED GOODWIN: Goodwin has connected on 27.4 percent of the 62 3-pointers he’s attempted and has gone 3 for 11 over his last three games. He’s also made 53.6 percent of his foul shots this season.WINLESS WHEN: UMass is 0-7 this year when it scores 61 points or fewer and 10-8 when it scores at least 62.ASSIST DISTRIBUTION: The Billikens have recently gotten buckets via assists more often than the Minutemen. UMass has 37 assists on 82 field goals (45.1 percent) across its past three outings while Saint Louis has assists on 40 of 79 field goals (50.6 percent) during its past three games.DID YOU KNOW: Saint Louis has attempted more free throws per game than any other A10 team. The Billikens have averaged 23.6 free throws per game.___ For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.comlast_img read more

Patrick Allotey lucky to get only 6-month ban for assault on Kotoko fan – GBA President

first_imgThe President of the Ghana Boxing Association (GBA), Peter Zwennes has suggested that boxer, Patrick Allotey might have been fortunate to walk away with just a six-month ban for misconduct.The GBA handed the ban to Allotey last week as punishment for his assault on a football fan at the Accra Sports Stadium, following a disciplinary hearing.Speaking to Citi Sports, Peter Zwennes said that had the GBA decided to apply its strictest sanctions, Allotey might have faced an indefinite suspension or the of his boxing license.“There were issues of misconduct. Boxers have to comport themselves in and out of the ring and not bring the game into disrepute. That kind of conduct which has criminal connotations aside from civil liability certain brings the game into disrepute.”GBA President Peter ZwennesAccording to Mr Zwennes, the GBA considered the boxer’s previously clean disciplinary record and his admission of guilt before deciding his punishment.“He admitted his own guilt in this matter and he made a plea for leniency. We took all those issues into account. He’s not one of the indisciplined boxers we have so I don’t know what came over him but it happened. If we had to stretch the limits of the law he might have had an indefinite suspension or a revocation of his license.”“We took all his extenuating circumstances into consideration before handing him the six-month sanction which I think is fair.”Floored A video emerged a couple of weeks ago on social media, and promptly went viral, of Allotey punching another person in the face in the stands.The fan, later identified as Kotoko die-hard Michael Siaw was dancing right in front of him apparently in celebration of the Porcupine Warriors’ winner. Allotey appeared agitated by Siaw’s antics and took out his anger on him.Patrick Allotey draws back his fist preparing to hit the fanWhen the assault had gained mainstream media attention, the victim of the assault was sought out and interviewed.He denied assertions that he had provoked Allotey into attacking him, insisting that he did not know that he was dealing with a professional boxer.Mr. Siaw, the fan who was assaulted by Patrick AlloteyThe public outrage that greeted the incident pushed Allotey to release a statement apologising for his actions.Allotey stated that the violent outburst was unlike him, as he is usually a reserved person.Allotey was then summoned by the Ghana Boxing Association to a disciplinary hearing over his actions.Boxers are not permitted to engage in fights outside the ring so the incident had contravened the ethics of the profession.He also turned himself in to the police, accompanied by his manager, last Friday after a warrant was issued for his arrest.He was then transferred to the Accra Regional Police Command for investigations to proceed.Pictures emerged of Allotey in handcuffs and went viral on social media.The boxer was then granted bail.The GBA, possibly hoping to make an example of him, suspended his professional license for six months. The GBA said in a statement that Allotey was found liable “on his own plea” and suspended his professional boing license for six months.For more details of Patrick Allotey’s fall from grace click here.last_img read more