FTSE Russell finalises fixed income country classification framework

first_imgFTSE Russell has finalised a country classification process for fixed income, having this week published the framework it developed in consultation with market participants.The framework assesses how easy it is for foreign investors to access different local currency, fixed-rate government bond markets. This is measured across four main sets of market criteria, such as the foreign exchange market structure, and 17 separate indicators.‘Market Accessibility Levels’ are assigned to countries tracked by FTSE Russell’s indices, which the provider said would replace existing “barriers to entry” criteria for the methodology of its flagship world and emerging markets government bond indices from 30 March.The index provider said it intended to expand the classification process to other fixed income universes, such as inflation-linked bonds and credit sectors. An initial review of markets was due to be completed in March, after which the index provider would publish an inaugural list of those markets being considered for potential reclassification.Chris Woods, managing director for governance and index policy at FTSE Russell, said the introduction of the minimum market accessibility scores provided “an evidence-driven, robust framework, which can be applied across both flagship and bespoke benchmarks”.The company has had a country classification framework for equity markets since 2003.Separately, FTSE Russell has also launched a new index series tracking Chinese green bonds – “securities whose proceeds are specifically used to finance climate or environmental projects in mainland China”.The debt would be labelled as ‘green’ by the issuer.  According to the index provider, China was the second-largest green bond market globally, with $37bn (€32bn) issued in 2017.There were currently 126 bonds included in the main index, covering approximately 75% of all on-shore labelled green bonds issued by China’s government, agencies and corporates, it said.Waqas Samad, CEO for FTSE Russell’s benchmarks business, said: “In 2017, China green bonds issuance represented 23% of global green bond issues and the market is expected to continue to grow significantly over the coming years.”last_img read more

Meth-smoking gran sentenced on drugs charges

first_imgStuff co.nz 25 May 2016Family First Comment: Once again, the link between marijuana and P.A meth-smoking grandmother will be on curfew for four months as a result of her offending.Karen Haupapa previously pleaded guilty to cultivating cannabis, possessing methamphetamine and having three glass pipes which are used to smoke the class A drug.During Wednesday’s hearing, Judge Chris Sygrove said police executed a search warrant at Haupapa’s New Plymouth address on February 10.Officers found two “healthy” one metre high cannabis plants, along with 41 cuttings, growing in pots in a shed on her property.Inside the house, a small leather bag containing 0.26 grams of methamphetamine and a glass pipe were seized.  Two more pipes were found in a caravan near the house.Sygrove said Haupapa admitted the drugs were for her personal use and that she had paid $150 for the meth.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/80372319/methsmoking-gran-sentenced-on-drugs-chargeslast_img read more

1K Negros households on 14-day lockdown

first_imgThe patient, he said, has been going out of his residence for seven days already before his test result came out on June 19. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA Mayor Renato Gustilo announced this move in his Executive Order No. 145, citing the closure of portions of Zone 6 of Barangay 5 and 6 in the city. A total of 1,000 households were affected. “He is an undocumented and returned to Negros Occidental via the Tabuelan Port crossing to Escalante City,” the mayor added. “We will transfer the patient to the Provincial Healing Facility in E.B. Magalona while contact tracing is ongoing,” he said. BACOLOD City – To avert possible transmission of coronavirus disease 2019, local authorities in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental placed portions of two barangays under a 14-day preventive lockdown after a resident there tested positive for the viral disease. Mayor Renato Gustilo. San Carlos City, Neg. Occ. – LGU Information Page According to Gustilo, the 36-year-old patient was a locally stranded individual (LSI) from Cebu and was classified as the province’s Patient No. 31. The city government has already provided food packs to the affected families in the area. Meanwhile, Gustilo said he will write the national Inter-Agency Task Force to allow local government units to enforce health protocols on returning LSIs in their jurisdiction./PN Gustilo further said the patient is now under home quarantine because the quarantine facility of the city government is already full housing more than 80 LSIs.last_img read more

Lady Bulldogs Ripley County Golf Champs

first_imgThe Batesville Lady Bulldogs Golf Team won The 10th Annual Ripley County Tourney at North Branch Golf Course last Night with a score of 171.The South Ripley Lady Raiders finished second with a 209. Jac-Cen-Del third at 236 and Milan only had two golfers and couldn`t field a team score.The All-Tourney Team consisted of Madison McCreary of Batesville MVP with a score of 2-under par 33.  Alana Pinckley of Batesville, Makenzie Black of South Ripley and Kaleigh Ollman of Milan tied second with a 45 and Madison Harsh of Batesville finished 5th with a 46.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Tom Meyer.last_img

Dearborn County 7th Grade Football

first_imgThis Saturday, August 29th, Sunman-Dearborn Middle School is hosting a 7th Grade football double header with South Dearborn MS and Greendale MS.The Trojans have a 52 man roster this year and have created a Red/Black team format. As a result we will play South Dearborn and Greendale twice during the season, with the first match ups this weekend.Saturday, August 29th.10:00 AM – Trojan Black vs Greendale11:30 AM – Trojan Red vs South DearbornCourtesy of ECHS & SDMS Football Program Assistant Stewart Durham.last_img read more

Mancini: Age not important in my team

first_imgRoberto Mancini has told Italy’s young players that ‘age doesn’t matter to me’, using Roma starlet Nicolo Zaniolo as an example. Promoted Content6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Top 8 Most Fun Sylvester Stallone MoviesCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Best Geek Movies Of All TimeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time? “It’s thanks to the fact that I found people who trusted me and I’m always ready to do the same back. “We must give chances to good young players, let them play and let them make mistakes too.” The former Inter boss has been true to his word, calling up Zaniolo before he had made his Serie A debut in September 2018. read also:My greatest achievement with Man City – Mancini “It was no accident. I saw him in the final stages of the European Under-19 Championship and I decided to call him up after that.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Mancini’s Italy reign has been characterised by a focus on youth over experience, and he revealed he was prepared to even select players without any first-team football under their belts. “To you young lads I say, be committed and train hard: if you have the technical quality and character, I’m ready to call you, even if you haven’t made your first-team debut yet,” he said during a conference call organised by Bologna. “In my staff, there are people who monitor the Primavera championship and, if some lads catch their eye, I’m ready to call them up. “Age doesn’t matter to me: technique and character do. That’s how I started at Bologna when I was just 16-and-a-half.Advertisementlast_img read more

Several ramps on I-74 scheduled for milling and paving starting next week

first_imgPaving on all ramps will occur starting Thursday, September 19 they will start on (EB ramps, then WB ramps with each being closed separately at each location):Thursday, 9/19 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 156Friday, 9/20 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 149Saturday, 9/21 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 143Sunday, 9/22 (No work scheduled)Monday, 9/23 (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) on C.R. 850 E. overpass (overpass open with flaggers) Tuesday, 9/24 to Thursday, 9/26 at Exit 143 Pipe installation on EB off-ramp (6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on 9/24)Paving (7 p.m. on 9/24 through 9/25)9/26 will be utilized as a workday if necessary Decatur, Franklin, and Ripley Counties— Milestone Contractors will begin milling and paving at three I-74 interchanges in Decatur, Franklin and Ripley Counties on or after Monday, September 16, weather permitting, as crews move toward the completion of the $61 million I-74 reconstruction project that began in August of 2017.Work will take place as follows on all ramps at Exit 156 (S.R. 101/Sunman/Milan), Exit 149 (S.R. 229/Oldenburg/Batesville) and Exit 143 (St. Maurice/New Point) from September 16 to 26, weather permitting.Milling on all ramps next week and will have (no ramp closures scheduled):Monday 9/16 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 156Tuesday, 9/17 (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) at Exit 149Wednesday, 9/18 and Thursday, 9/19 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at Exit 143 and C.R. 850 E. overpass (overpass open with flaggers)Friday, 9/20 (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) at WB I-74 Rest Area (currently closed) Motorists may enter or exit I-74 at the exit before or after each closed ramp. A signed detour will also be available via S.R. 46. The entire I-74 reconstruction project is scheduled to be completed in late October or early November of this year. All drivers are urged to slow down and continue using caution in and near the work zone. All schedules are subject to change.last_img read more

Crystal Palace claim surprise win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

first_img Press Association Chelsea secured the title with a 1-0 defeat of Palace on May 3 but the Eagles were triumphant on this occasion, stunning the hosts just when they thought Radamel Falcao had got them back into the game with his first goal for the Blues. Joel Ward popped up to restore the lead, after Bakary Sako’s opener, as Palace earned a 2-1 win – their first at Stamford Bridge since 1982. Jose Mourinho’s 100th Premier League home match as Chelsea boss saw a second loss as Crystal Palace claimed their first win at Stamford Bridge in 33 years. Palace have now won eight of their 10 away matches in the league under Pardew, who has three victories against Mourinho in the last two seasons. Mourinho played down the significance of statistics ahead of his 200th Premier League contest and 100th at Stamford Bridge, insisting three points was all that mattered. But the Blues were unable to add to his record of 76 wins in the previous 99 home games as Palace emulated Sunderland’s April 2014 success. Mourinho may have complained of the nature of the Black Cats’ success – his resentment at the officiating still lingering – but Palace were deserved winners to move second behind Manchester City. Chelsea are eight points adrift after four points from four games. Mourinho had said there was no “drama” after Chelsea’s start, but it is clear there is plenty of work to do. Mourinho’s men have not kept a clean sheet in eight matches since winning the league against Palace and appeared porous at the back once more, with the suspended John Terry replaced by Gary Cahill. Their next match is at Everton on September 12 and it remains to be seen which Blue shirt Toffees defender John Stones will be in. The champions have intimated they will not make a fifth bid after a fourth offer of £37million was rejected. Everton did not confirm the offer. Connor Wickham scored in Sunderland’s win at Stamford Bridge and was included as Palace’s solitary change following their victory over Aston Villa. Palace wore black armbands due to the death of Yannick Bolasie’s father. The winger returned on the bench. The Eagles did not roll over in May and again refused to be cowed, as demonstrated by some physical exchanges, with Diego Costa often the target. Pedro shot narrowly wide from the edge of the box before Palace had two fine chances. Sako, the match-winner against Villa, was denied by Thibaut Courtois, who next saved when Yohan Cabaye was played in one-on-one by a fine Wilfried Zaha run. Alex McCarthy made saves in quick succession from Costa and Cesc Fabregas, with Pedro unable to direct the third attempt goalwards. Costa believed he was fouled in the box by Damien Delaney early in the second half. Referee Craig Pawson turned down the appeal. Sako tried to tee up Wickham before sending Palace into the lead himself. He stayed on his feet when Cesar Azpilicueta slid in to react to Bolasie’s cross and the ball sat nicely for Sako to net. Falcao equalised with a fine header from Pedro’s cross, but Palace immediately responded. Bolasie crossed to the back post where Sako had the presence of mind to centre the ball for Ward to head in and complete a memorable win. TWEET OF THE MATCH “What a proud day to be associated with @CPFC well done the manager the team and the supporters, amazing result. #cfc 1=2 #cpfc.” – Former Palace striker Mark Bright was full of praise for the current players and staff after a memorable win. https://twitter.com/Mark__Bright/status/637654832539660289 – @Mark__Bright PLAYER RATINGS Chelsea Thibaut Courtois: 8 (out of 10) Branislav Ivanovic: 5 Gary Cahill: 5 Kurt Zouma: 6 Cesar Azpilicueta: 5 Nemanja Matic: 5 Cesc Fabregas: 5 Pedro: 7 Willian: 5 Eden Hazard: 5 Diego Costa: 6 Subs Radamel Falcao: 7 Kenedy: 6: Ruben Loftus-Cheek: 6 Crystal Palace Alex McCarthy: 9 Joel Ward: 7 Scott Dann: 7 Damien Delaney: 8 Pape Souare: 6 James McArthur: 6 Yohan Cabaye: 6 Bakary Sako: 8 Jason Puncheon: 7 Wilfried Zaha: 6 Connor Wickham: 6 Substitutes: Yannick Bolasie: 8 Lee Chung-yong: 6 STAR PLAYER Sako: To think the former Wolves forward was available on a free transfer this summer and Alan Pardew had to be persuaded by Palace chief Steve Parrish to sign him. Two starts, two match-winning goals for the Mali man. MOMENT OF THE MATCH Ward: Moments after Falcao’s fine first Chelsea goal, the right-back popped up in the hosts’ six-yard box to head in the decisive goal. What he was doing there, no-one knows. VIEW FROM THE BENCH Pardew picked a physical side who were more intimidating than intimidated. With Chelsea less than convincing so far this term, he was determined to exploit their fragility and did so. So unhappy with his defence is Mourinho that he threw on forward Kenedy at left-back. Falcao scored soon after his introduction, but Chelsea could not equalise. MOAN OF THE MATCH Chelsea’s defeat is likely to be the focus, rather than Palace’s success. There are plenty of questions for the champions to answer. Palace’s first win at Stamford Bridge since 1982 was deserved, though. WHO’S UP NEXT? Everton v Chelsea (Premier League, Saturday 12 September) Crystal Palace v Manchester City (Premier League, Saturday 12 September) last_img read more

Ghanaian Olympian, Akwasi Frimpong, features twice in Pyeongchang finals

first_imgGhana’s first skeleton Olympian, Akwasi Frimpong, twice qualified for the finals during the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation Pyeongchang InterContinental Cup this week in Pyeongchang, South Korea. It is the same track where Frimpong made history for his country and began his drive to become the Hope of a Billion when he competed in the 2018 Winter Olympics. Frimpong’s results this week showed just how far Frimpong has come as a skeleton athlete on the world stage. In 2018, Frimpong finished 30th out of 30 athletes.This week, Frimpong finished 19th and 20th out of 24 athletes beating countries from the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa, Luxembourg, and New Zealand.The results come despite not having a sliding coach. As his successful sliding season wraps up, Frimpong competed in 12 races and qualified for the finals eleven times. Frimpong currently ranks 76th out of 150 skeleton athletes in the world. He can still move up in the world rankings since only 7 best races are now counted on the world rankings with one more to be added by next weekend. “I made some big improvements this year,” Frimpong said. “I’m proud of what I have accomplished, but there is still so much work ahead of me before the 2022 Olympics. I hope in the upcoming season I can find the support I need to have a sliding coach to make bigger strides for Ghana.“ Qualifying for the Olympics is going to be extremely difficult if I don’t have a sliding coach and the resources of other countries. I trust something good will happen I just have to keep working hard and stay relentless.”“For now, I plan to take a couple of days off to be with my family then start training to prepare for next season. I want to thank my head sponsor, Ghana Gas, whose support has been critical to my growth this season. “Team Murdock Hyundai from Murray, Utah made my traveling to training locally possible since 2017 and my new sponsor, Forever Living Products International has been supporting me with their amazing Aloe Vera products which help with my recovery. Finally, I have to thank everyone who has been part of the Hope of a Billion story this season.”last_img read more

Quarter finals of the basketball Cup in B&H

first_imgThe pairs for the quarter finals of this Cup in B&H are:KK  ”Brotnjo” – KK  ”Čapljina Lasta”KK  ”Zrinjski” – KK  ”Široki Wwin”KK  ”Radnik BN Basket” – KK  ”Igokea”KK ”Posušje” – KK  ”Bosna ASA BHT” In the premises of the Basketball Federation of B&H new pairs for the quarter finals of the Cup in B&H were chosen for the male teams. The derby in Herzegovina will be played by KK ”Zrinjski” against KK ”Široki Wwin”. An interesting duel will be played by KK ”Radnik BN Basket” against KK”.  All basketball games will be played on the 15th January 2013.last_img read more