AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p #OhioState HC Ryan Day on @BullandFox re: Urban Meyer: “We talk on a weekly basis. He’s a huge resource for me. He’s been unbelievable. He’s a legend. Anytime there’s a question, he’s always there and he’s been unbelievable in this process.”— Keith Britton (@KeithBritton86) September 18, 2019So far Day has had little-to-no trouble transitioning into a full-time head coach.His Buckeyes have torn the opposition apart, outscoring opponents 138-31 in the first three games. And that’s with a first-year starter in Justin Fields.Whatever advice Meyer has been giving Day has certainly been paying off so far. COLUMBUS, OH – DECEMBER 04: Ohio State Buckeyes head coach Urban Meyer describes how he believes Ohio State University is one of the few institutions that has both elite athletics and elite academics during a press conference at Ohio State University on December 4, 2018 in Columbus, Ohio. At the press conference head coach Meyer announced his retirement and offensive coordinator Ryan Day was announced as the next head coach. Meyer will continue to coach until after the Ohio State Buckeyes play in the Rose Bowl. (Photo by Kirk Irwin/Getty Images)This may be Ryan Day’s first year as a full-time head coach, but he hasn’t been going in blind this season. He’s had a coaching legend giving him a helping hand on a regular basis.In a recent interview on Bull and Fox, the Ohio State head coach revealed that Urban Meyer, his former boss, has continued helping him behind the scenes. He praised Meyer for talking to him on a regular basis and said he serves as “a huge resource” for him.“We talk on a weekly basis. He’s a huge resource for me… He’s a legend. Anytime there’s a question, he’s always there and he’s been unbelievable in this process.”Day was hired by the Buckeyes as an assistant in 2017. He quickly earned promotion to full-time offensive coordinator and managed the team in Meyer’s place for several games in 2018.When Meyer announced his retirement at the end of the 2018 season, Day was named as his successor.
Reuters ShanghaiApril 12, 2019UPDATED: April 12, 2019 17:55 IST Charles Leclerc would have won had his car not suffered a loss of power (AP Photo)HIGHLIGHTSBinotto said Vettel and Leclerc are free to fight for position on track during racesLeclerc had ignored a team order to stay behind Vettel in the Bahrain GPVettel is yet to stand on the podium in two races this seasonSebastian Vettel still has priority at Ferrari in 50-50 situations but that could change, team boss Mattia Binotto said on Friday.The four times Formula One world champion has been the Italian team’s number one in recent years but new recruit Charles Leclerc was quicker in Bahrain two weeks ago.Leclerc, 21, started on pole position at Sakhir but fell behind before then overtaking the German, setting the fastest race lap and taking his first F1 podium.The Monegasque, who finished third, would have won had his car not suffered a loss of power while leading with some 10 laps to go. Vettel has yet to stand on the podium in two races this season.Binotto told reporters at the Chinese Grand Prix that the team came first.”As I said at the start of the season, if there is any 50-50 situation where we need to take a decision, the advantage would have been given to Sebastian simply because Sebastian has got most of the experience with the team in F1,” he added.”He won four championships (with Red Bull) and certainly for us he’s the driver who has most probability to challenge for the title.”Something we agreed with both drivers is, in a few races’ time, things may change for whatever reason bad luck or whatever could be the situation we may change our position, no doubt.”Binotto said the pair remained free to fight on track and if either was clearly faster than the other would be given preference.advertisementLeclerc, he pointed out, had the opportunity to take pole position and fight for the win in Bahrain.The Monegasque ignored a team order to stay behind Vettel in Bahrain, pointing out that he was quicker. There were no recriminations.Vettel made errors in Bahrain, spinning while trying to defend second place from eventual winner Lewis Hamilton, and said afterwards that he had homework’ to do.Asked also whether Leclerc was giving Ferrari a headache with his pace, Binotto said that was “a luxury that you’re happy to have.”We’ve got two fantastic drivers and I think that Charles is a motivating factor for Seb,” he added.Binotto also complimented Leclerc for his reaction to the disappointment of having a first win seized from his grasp by bad luck.”He did a great quali, a great race but more than that, I think he has been fantastic on the post-race comments, showing that he’s really a mature driver,” said the Swiss-born boss.Also Watch:For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byrohan sen Tags :Follow Sebastian VettelFollow Charles LeclercFollow Scuderia FerrariFollow Chinese GPFollow Mattia Binotto Next Sebastian Vettel has most probability to challenge for title: Ferrari boss BinottoSebastian Vettel has been Scuderia Ferrari’s number one in recent years but new recruit Charles Leclerc was quicker in Bahrain two weeks ago.advertisement
The province, in co-operation with Nova Scotia Power, hastaken steps to help expedite the reinstallation of electricalservice connections for those who have suffered severeelectrical damage as a result of Hurricane Juan. On Tuesday, Sept.30, the Public Safety Division of theDepartment of Environment and Labour streamlined the approvalprocess required to reconnect an electrical entrance (meterbase and pipe) on a building. There are about 5,000 Nova Scotians (4,000 in Halifax RegionalMunicipality and 1,000 throughout northeast Nova Scotia) whosuffered severe damage to their electrical service entrance.It is the responsibility of the homeowner to have a certifiedconstruction electrician request a permit from Nova ScotiaPower Incorporated (NSPI) and complete the repairs before NSPIcan put them in the queue for reconnection. NSPI says it isset up to make sure this permitting process is completed in atimely and efficient manner. NSPI says it has scouters on the ground, in HRM and thenortheast, going door to door to identify customers withelectrical service entrance damage. They are providing thesecustomers with detailed information on what steps they need totake to help restore power to their homes. About 500 homeowners have already had this repair workcompleted and are now lined up to have NSPI reconnect theirservice. NSPI expects to have power restored to more than 95per cent of its customers by Friday, Oct. 3, and then willdeploy its crews to clear this waiting list over the weekend. The province again reminds residents to have only certifiedconstruction electricians do the repair work and not try itthemselves. As well, do not attempt to connect a house thathas electrical power to one that does not by way of anextension cord. Improper connections will place both housesin danger of an electrical fire and are dangerous to NSPIstaff working on the lines. Portable generators are notintended to be connected to the main wiring within your house.Customers can use extension cords from their generator to feedportable appliances and lamps. Customers that have damage to their electrical serviceentrance should ensure their main breaker or switch is in theoff position until power has been restored. Everyone who doesnot have power should check stoves and other heating equipmentto make sure that they are turned off. When electrical poweris restored, a stove or other heating device can cause a fireif it is left unattended. -30- ENVIRONMENT/LABOUR-–Steps taken to Assist Electrical ServiceBacklog