A Spring Hill home is offering buyers a chance to own a 689sqm property located just two kilometres from Brisbane’s CBD.Built in 1912, the ‘Eaton house’ is a recently restored property that offers a taste of ancient Rome combined with distinctive Queenslander-style architecture.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 2:04Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -2:04 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels360p360p240p240pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenA part of Ancient Rome in Brisbane02:05Wow: Is this the world’s most expensive shed?The five-bedroom, three-bathroom home comes equipped with a kitchen with modern appliances and alfresco dining spaces on the balcony.It is also bound by four streets, meaning the house is the only one on the block.Live on your very own block. A recent update has completely transformed the home with touches of style reminiscent of a Roman spa.The granite luxury bath comes complete with pillars and carved stone lions spouting water.Signature chandeliers and ornate ceilings add further to the theme which can be seen throughout the house.An ancient Roman-inspired spa. McGrath New Farm Sales Agent Sherrie Storer says the location and proximity to schools will draw families to its beauty.“Lots of people are interested in this area as it’s so close to prestigious schools,” she tells The Courier Mail.“It would suit families with kids going to these schools who are sick and tired of maintenance.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor9 hours agoA fully-equipped modern kitchen with a view.“They will have the gardens of Roma St Parklands instead and with no travelling, they’ll also have plenty of free time.”In 2015, Malcolm McBratney restored the home. It had been used as a block of flats by the previous owners.The home’s heritage features have been restored.After buying the home in 2005, McBratney worked alongside architects Andrew Watson and Ivan McDonald to update it, while conserving its Queenslander charm.The property is located close to nearby schools and the Brisbane CBD.The house will go under the hammer on the 30th of April at 4pm.
Press Association Chelsea secured the title with a 1-0 defeat of Palace on May 3 but the Eagles were triumphant on this occasion, stunning the hosts just when they thought Radamel Falcao had got them back into the game with his first goal for the Blues. Joel Ward popped up to restore the lead, after Bakary Sako’s opener, as Palace earned a 2-1 win – their first at Stamford Bridge since 1982. Jose Mourinho’s 100th Premier League home match as Chelsea boss saw a second loss as Crystal Palace claimed their first win at Stamford Bridge in 33 years. Palace have now won eight of their 10 away matches in the league under Pardew, who has three victories against Mourinho in the last two seasons. Mourinho played down the significance of statistics ahead of his 200th Premier League contest and 100th at Stamford Bridge, insisting three points was all that mattered. But the Blues were unable to add to his record of 76 wins in the previous 99 home games as Palace emulated Sunderland’s April 2014 success. Mourinho may have complained of the nature of the Black Cats’ success – his resentment at the officiating still lingering – but Palace were deserved winners to move second behind Manchester City. Chelsea are eight points adrift after four points from four games. Mourinho had said there was no “drama” after Chelsea’s start, but it is clear there is plenty of work to do. Mourinho’s men have not kept a clean sheet in eight matches since winning the league against Palace and appeared porous at the back once more, with the suspended John Terry replaced by Gary Cahill. Their next match is at Everton on September 12 and it remains to be seen which Blue shirt Toffees defender John Stones will be in. The champions have intimated they will not make a fifth bid after a fourth offer of £37million was rejected. Everton did not confirm the offer. Connor Wickham scored in Sunderland’s win at Stamford Bridge and was included as Palace’s solitary change following their victory over Aston Villa. Palace wore black armbands due to the death of Yannick Bolasie’s father. The winger returned on the bench. The Eagles did not roll over in May and again refused to be cowed, as demonstrated by some physical exchanges, with Diego Costa often the target. Pedro shot narrowly wide from the edge of the box before Palace had two fine chances. Sako, the match-winner against Villa, was denied by Thibaut Courtois, who next saved when Yohan Cabaye was played in one-on-one by a fine Wilfried Zaha run. Alex McCarthy made saves in quick succession from Costa and Cesc Fabregas, with Pedro unable to direct the third attempt goalwards. Costa believed he was fouled in the box by Damien Delaney early in the second half. Referee Craig Pawson turned down the appeal. Sako tried to tee up Wickham before sending Palace into the lead himself. He stayed on his feet when Cesar Azpilicueta slid in to react to Bolasie’s cross and the ball sat nicely for Sako to net. Falcao equalised with a fine header from Pedro’s cross, but Palace immediately responded. Bolasie crossed to the back post where Sako had the presence of mind to centre the ball for Ward to head in and complete a memorable win. TWEET OF THE MATCH “What a proud day to be associated with @CPFC well done the manager the team and the supporters, amazing result. #cfc 1=2 #cpfc.” – Former Palace striker Mark Bright was full of praise for the current players and staff after a memorable win. https://twitter.com/Mark__Bright/status/637654832539660289 – @Mark__Bright PLAYER RATINGS Chelsea Thibaut Courtois: 8 (out of 10) Branislav Ivanovic: 5 Gary Cahill: 5 Kurt Zouma: 6 Cesar Azpilicueta: 5 Nemanja Matic: 5 Cesc Fabregas: 5 Pedro: 7 Willian: 5 Eden Hazard: 5 Diego Costa: 6 Subs Radamel Falcao: 7 Kenedy: 6: Ruben Loftus-Cheek: 6 Crystal Palace Alex McCarthy: 9 Joel Ward: 7 Scott Dann: 7 Damien Delaney: 8 Pape Souare: 6 James McArthur: 6 Yohan Cabaye: 6 Bakary Sako: 8 Jason Puncheon: 7 Wilfried Zaha: 6 Connor Wickham: 6 Substitutes: Yannick Bolasie: 8 Lee Chung-yong: 6 STAR PLAYER Sako: To think the former Wolves forward was available on a free transfer this summer and Alan Pardew had to be persuaded by Palace chief Steve Parrish to sign him. Two starts, two match-winning goals for the Mali man. MOMENT OF THE MATCH Ward: Moments after Falcao’s fine first Chelsea goal, the right-back popped up in the hosts’ six-yard box to head in the decisive goal. What he was doing there, no-one knows. VIEW FROM THE BENCH Pardew picked a physical side who were more intimidating than intimidated. With Chelsea less than convincing so far this term, he was determined to exploit their fragility and did so. So unhappy with his defence is Mourinho that he threw on forward Kenedy at left-back. Falcao scored soon after his introduction, but Chelsea could not equalise. MOAN OF THE MATCH Chelsea’s defeat is likely to be the focus, rather than Palace’s success. There are plenty of questions for the champions to answer. Palace’s first win at Stamford Bridge since 1982 was deserved, though. WHO’S UP NEXT? Everton v Chelsea (Premier League, Saturday 12 September) Crystal Palace v Manchester City (Premier League, Saturday 12 September)
Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The performances of Nigerian stars, Ahmed Musa and Wilfred Ndidi in Leicester City’s 2-1 victory over Everton in Saturday’s English FA Cup third round clash at Goodison left veteran manager Claudio Ranieri impressed.Musa netted both of Leicester’s goals while Ndidi, who was making his debut on Saturday, produced a solid display in the heart of midfield as the Foxes came from a goal down to complete an important victory.The Leicester City manager was duly impressed with his Nigerian charges and took the time to praise the duo for their sterling performances. “Musa was excellent. I’ve watched him recently and I think he is starting to understand English football better.“Ndidi only trained two days with us, but he showed strong character and personality. A great performance,” Ranieri said.Ndidi, who arrived from Belgian club KRC Genk, refused to accept the plaudits as he instead focused on an overall impressive team display.“I don’t want to focus on my performance because for me, it is always about the team.“The team did very well (on Saturday) and I think we can go far in the competition,” he said.Leicester City has now qualified for the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Tuesday that a player’s market value decreases “every time” that player has a criminal record. For the executive focused solely on increasing the value of his roster, the more crimes the player commits, the better. A free man with multiple felony convictions, the left arm of Randy Johnson, the bat speed of Barry Bonds, and a glove box full of unpaid parking tickets would be the ideal free agent or trade target.To that end, Friedman said he draws a line of citizenship that cannot be crossed.“Of course,” he said.Friedman can’t publicly comment on Chapman, who is still under contract to the Reds. Speaking generally, Friedman said “we do a tremendous amount of work on players we’re going to acquire or potentially going to acquire, in terms of make-up on field, type of teammate, type of person, and factor it all into the assessment.”In the past, those assessments have not deterred Friedman from trading for an accused rapist (Josh Lueke, who pled no contest to false imprisonment with violence) when he worked for the Tampa Bay Rays.• WHICKER: Dodgers, Angels should trade lightly at Winter MeetingsIn this instance Chapman wasn’t formally accused, let alone convicted, of committing a crime.“Even when we were with the Rays we did a tremendous amount of work on guys, to go into any decision with our eyes wide-open and talk through things,” Friedman said, “and understand the pros, the cons, trying to figure out what made the most sense.”AlsoThe contracts for free agent pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma and second baseman Chase Utley were still not finalized late Tuesday, presumably because their physicals have not been completed yet. … According to one report, the Miami Marlins asked the Dodgers for Julio Urias, Corey Seager, Joc Pederson and two more players in a trade for pitcher Jose Fernandez. Urias, who finished the season at Triple-A, is the Dodgers’ consensus number-1 prospect. … Asked if he considered Urias “untouchable” in any trade, Friedman said “I think the thing we pride ourselves on is not having any hard and fast rules. We’re open minded to having different conversations.” Ultimately, Chapman’s girlfriend chose not to file charges.“We want to make sure we have all the information and then the decision will be made,” said MLB’s Chief Baseball Officer, Joe Torre. “The only timetable is when we feel we’ve got as much information as we can get.”• RELATED: Miami DA reviewing Chapman’s domestic dispute caseMeanwhile the Dodgers, or any team interested in trading for Chapman, will have to place those negotiations on the back burner.The situation also invites an ethical dilemma. Given the contents of the police report, would fans continue to embrace a team that employs Chapman? NASHVILLE >> When reports of a potential Dodgers trade for Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman first surfaced Sunday, it tested the boundaries of the baseball imagination. Two All-Star closers on the same roster? One, if the Dodgers traded Kenley Jansen and kept the Cuban left-hander with a 104-mph fastball?The imagination can still run wild. As of Tuesday, the trade isn’t off. Neither is it on, as long as Major League Baseball is investigating Chapman’s role in a domestic dispute in October. As first reported by Yahoo! Sports, Chapman’s girlfriend told police that the pitcher placed her in a choke-hold, then later fired gunshots in another part of their house during the argument. She and Chapman have an infant daughter who was also in the house. Chapman’s girlfriend told police that she gathered up the girl and ran out of the house in fear.
Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire The Dodgers have one year to make their championship dreams come true before Betts becomes a free agent.With an argument to be made as the second-best player in baseball behind Mike Trout, Betts seems intent on putting his services up for bids next winter, having reportedly swatted away the Boston’s offer of a 10-year, $300 million extension last month with visions of a 12-year, $420 million deal.A year in Los Angeles – “Hollywood lifestyle” and all – could give the Dodgers a leg up on the competition to sign Betts beyond 2020.If Betts helps rid the Dodgers of the championship-drought monkey on their back, though, all of this week’s moves will be worth it. LOS ANGELES — They spent the winter big-game hunting and finally bagged their prey.Gerrit Cole wanted to be a Yankee, the Dodgers said, and not even their $300 million could change his mind. Anthony Rendon wasn’t interested in the “Hollywood lifestyle” that comes with playing in Los Angeles, he said himself. Stephen Strasburg didn’t want to leave Washington. Francisco Lindor would have cost more than money and the Dodgers weren’t willing to part with Gavin Lux and Dustin May to land him.But they did land Mookie Betts. The 2018 American League MVP became a Dodger along with former AL Cy Young award winner David Price – finally – when a complicated tangle of trades were worked out then reconstructed. The deal became official Monday.“We obviously got the superstar they’ve been talking about all winter,” Dodgers right-hander Walker Buehler said on Sirius XM’s MLB Network Radio, caught for a reaction on his way to Arizona for the opening of training camps next week. “Sacrificed a little of our depth for it. But it’s obviously pretty exciting.” Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season In the original configuration of the trade they hope will finally put them over the top in October, the Dodgers sacrificed surprisingly little – none of their top dozen prospects and only some of their payroll flexibility.But the Red Sox balked after their medical review of hard-throwing right-hander Brusdar Graterol and the Dodgers had to dig deeper into their system to rebuild the deal.Now prospects Jeter Downs (in Baseball America’s Top 100 for 2020) and Connor Wong will go to the Red Sox along with outfielder Alex Verdugo. Kenta Maeda still goes to the Minnesota Twins along with $10 million and minor-league catcher Jair Camargo. But now the Dodgers get to keep Graterol, who has a minor-league history as a starter but could figure into the Dodgers’ bullpen mix immediately. In addition, the Dodgers re-acquired minor-league outfielder Luke Raley (a 2016 draftee they sent to the Twins in the 2018 Brian Dozier trade) and will receive a competitive-balance pick in next year’s draft (the 67th overall).And they will keep outfielder Joc Pederson and right-hander Ross Stripling – at least for now. An ancillary trade that would have sent those two (and their salaries) to the Angels along with minor-league outfielder Andy Pages in exchange for utilityman Luis Rengifo and a prospect was scuttled after the deals with the Red Sox and Twins were reconfigured.Instead, the Dodgers designated for assignment first baseman Tyler White and outfielder Kyle Garlick to make room on the 40-man roster for the trade acquisitions. Without moving Pederson and Stripling (who will make a combined $9.85 million in 2020), the Dodgers’ projected payroll currently exceeds the luxury-tax threshold ($208 million) this year after dipping under the past two seasons.If adding the 2018 AL MVP to an outfield that already includes the 2019 National League MVP results in the team’s first championship in 32 years, it will be a small price to pay – in payroll and prospects.Betts is obviously the difference-maker in this deal. His addition already ends the winter of whining by Dodgers fans who took to social media over the past three months, gnashing their Twitter teeth over the front office’s swings and misses and gathering pitchforks and torches to march on Chavez Ravine.It was the Dodgers’ longest offseason since 2015 in more ways than one. But two months after Manager Dave Roberts’ Winter Meetings prophecy of “probably the most turnover we’ll have from one season to the next,” it has come true.“I think that you’ve got to shuffle the deck sometimes,” he said at a time when the Dodgers’ only acquisition was reliever Blake Treinen.They have done much more now, reloading a 106-win team and responding to the shock of their first-round playoff exit with the biggest gamble of the Andrew Friedman era.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error