SON OF JIMMY HARTE IN UNIQUE TRIBUTE TO HIS EMBATTLED FATHER

first_imgLochlainn and Jimmy Harte.A son of battling Donegal Senator Jimmy Harte is doing a marathon in his father’s honour.Lochlainn Harte is preparing to undertake the Paris marathon to raise vital funds for Dublin’s Beaumont Hospital where his dad has been receiving treatment.Father-of-four and fitness enthusiast Jimmy continues to make steady progress since his accident last year. The Labour Party Senator was returning home from a Republic of Ireland game when he had the accident.Son Lochlainn is now appealing for people to sponsor him in his bid to help support the hospital which is looking after his dad.Lochlainn said: “As you know, my dad Jimmy Harte suffered a severe accident in November 2013. Since that date he has been in Beaumont Hospital and the miracle workers there have brought him back to life in my eyes.“Dad is an avid runner and marathon enthusiast but unfortunately it may be some time before he can run one again. “I am doing this marathon for him and for the saviours in Beaumont Hospital. I would very much appreciate your support in helping me to raise funds for this organisation.”If you would like to help Lochlainn raise as much funds as possible for Beaumont in honour of Jimmy, please log on here and done what you can.http://www.mycharity.ie/event/lochlainn_hartes_event SON OF JIMMY HARTE IN UNIQUE TRIBUTE TO HIS EMBATTLED FATHER was last modified: February 22nd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Beaumont Hospitalfundraiserjimmy harteLochlainn HarteMarathonlast_img read more

Social media users put on alert about a scary new scam

first_imgInstagram users are being warned about a new scam that encourages people to hand over their login details to crooks.The so-called ‘Nasty List’ swindle is rapidly spreading across the popular photo-sharing platform, fooling unwitting users.The phishing scam lures people in by sending messages to users saying they have been spotted on the ‘Nasty List’. The profile people are then directed to will be called ‘The Nasty List’, followed by a series of numbers.The profile includes a link to a website and claims that it will let you see the list – but the list doesn’t really exist.Cybersecurity firm Sophos has also put out a warning about the scam.“Anyone entering their credentials will find themselves in a spot of trouble, starting with their entire base of followers receiving the same message telling them that they too are on the Nasty List – and so the social media phishing attack grows,” Sophos explained. “They’ll also potentially have handed control of their account to criminals to do whatever they want with.”An Instagram spokesperson said: “Fake and fraudulent activity is not allowed on Instagram.“We proactively fight against this type of content and are always improving our systems to quickly detect and remove anything that violates our Community Guidelines.”Social media users put on alert about a scary new scam was last modified: April 22nd, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Monday’s QPR quiz

first_imgTest your knowledge by seeing how many of these five QPR-related questions you can answer correctly.[wp-simple-survey-102] 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Ethiopian 787 fire – latest update

first_imgInvestigators from the United Kingdom’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch have ruled out the 787’s battery as the source of the fire that damaged an Ethiopian 787 at Heathrow Airport on Friday.Attention is now focused on the plane’s galley and questions are being raised as to whether a galley oven or coffee machine was left on or if cleaners and maintenance staff may have left a smoldering cigarette on board.The 787, while powered down, was plugged into a ground power unit but it is unclear if the power was switched on.The AAIB said that “at approximately 1550 hrs UTC on 12 July 2013 a Boeing 787-8 of Ethiopian Airlines, registration ET-AOP, suffered an event at London Heathrow whilst the aircraft was parked on stand, with no persons on board.”The investigation team which includes representatives from all interested parties has initiated the technical investigation into the event.The 787 is currently located in a hangar at London Heathrow.The AAIB reports that “there has been extensive heat damage in the upper portion of the rear fuselage, a complex part of the aircraft, and the initial investigation is likely to take several days. However, it is clear that this heat damage is remote from the area in which the aircraft main and APU (Auxiliary Power Unit) batteries are located.”Paul Hayes, director of air safety at Ascend, a British aviation consulting firm told the Wall Street Journal that one plane is lost on the ground to an electrical fire every five years.Mr. Hayes said that several incidents were suspected to have started after a cleaner or ground worker furtively smoked on a parked plane and then failed to fully extinguish the cigarette.In a statement Boeing said: “We’re aware of the 787 event at Heathrow Airport and have Boeing personnel there. We’re working to fully understand and address this.”Boeing has delivered 66 787s and has orders for 930 planes.The 787 is crammed with innovations including more electric systems rather than the traditional pneumatic systems that do not rely on bleed air from the engines.The 787 has in all six electrical power generators and these provide power to the plane’s electrical systems in flight, including the flight deck displays, flight controls and in-flight entertainment. The system is more efficient because it reduces the drag on the engines.However, New York based Bernstein Research, one of the industry’s foremost analysts, says that the fire damage appears to be near the vertical stabilizer, on the left side of the top of the 787 and as such should have very little connection to electrical systems.While it is unclear what the cause of the fire is Bernstein says that it believes that there is no connection between the fire and the battery issues of the past.“Because it appears that the 787 fire is not related to the battery, we believe it is likely that this is a one-off problem that certainly must be addressed, but does not pose a risk to the overall program,” said Bernsteinlast_img read more

Arunachal FM warns of Kargil-like situation in North-East

first_imgArunachal Pradesh Finance Minister Kalikho Pul has raised an alarm and warned of a “Kargil-like situation” brewing in the North-East.Pul told Headlines Today that Chinese personnel are constantly intruding into Indian territory. He said that the Chinese are easily able to come into many of the north eastern regions, especially Tawang and Anjaw districts.”The situation is alarming for the last seven-eight years. Chinese personnel are constantly intruding into our territory. Names of our villages are written in their area. China has better infrastructure on their side…while our connectivity to the border areas is very poor,” Pul said.Pul has asked the Indian government to take steps to better the infrastructure in the border areas which are lying vacant, otherwise, he has warned, a “Kargil-like situation” may develop in the state.For more news on India, click here. For more news on Business, click here. For more news on Movies, click here. For more news on Sports, click here.last_img read more

10 months agoJuventus move to trump Bayern Munich for Hudson-Odoi

first_imgJuventus move to trump Bayern Munich for Hudson-Odoiby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus have moved to trump Bayern Munich for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.The Mirror says the Italians are also hoping to launch a last-minute raid for Chelsea wonderkid Hudson-Odoi , to try to steal him from under the noses of the German giants.Juventus have held talks with Hudson-Odoi’s representatives, but the 18-year-old Chelsea starlet is believed to favour Bayern amid his contract stand-off at Stamford Bridge. Bayern’s Bundesliga rivals Red Bull Leipzig are also keen.Hudson-Odoi has seen England age-groups star Jadon Sancho’s success since joining Borussia Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017, which has left him believing Bayern and the Bundesliga would be a good switch. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Photo: Pitt’s “Oakland Zoo” Botched The Tyler Roberson Section Of Its Heckling Cheat Sheet

first_imgOakland Zoo messed up the Tyler Roberson section of its heckling cheap sheet.The Petersen Events Center is one of the hardest places to play in college basketball, and Pitt’s student section, the “Oakland Zoo,” is a big reason why. The Zoo is virtually on top of the court, and like many of the nation’s other top student sections, they get very creative with their heckling. Unfortunately, today doesn’t seem to be their day, at least when it comes to the “cheat sheet” for the game against rival Syracuse.The Oakland Zoo’s cheat sheet on the Syracuse players. Names of players’ girlfriends and moms! pic.twitter.com/VMrsBAxdC5— Syracuse Basketball (@syrbasketball) February 7, 2015Including mothers and girlfriends is a bit questionable, but the Zoo is far from the only student section to do that. However, the whole basis for taunts against starting forward Tyler Roberson is a mess.robersonzooIn its cheat sheet, the @OaklandZoo mocked Tyler Roberson for spelling his name wrong on Twitter. Problem is: the Zoo spelled it Robertson— Syracuse Basketball (@syrbasketball) February 7, 2015When making fun of someone for misspelling his own name, you should probably make sure you have it right first.last_img read more

SMU’s Yanick Moreira Tweets Frustration With Goaltend Call, Calls Out Kevin Durant, Apologizes To Fans

first_imgYanick Moreira called for questionable goaltend.In what was one of the craziest endings we’ve ever seen in an NCAA Tournament game, No. 6 seed SMU lost to No. 11 seed UCLA on a goaltending call. The call was somewhat questionable, but it gave the Bruins a one-point lead, eventually sending them into the Third Round with a 60-59 victory. Following the devastating loss, SMU senior forward Yanick Moreira, the recipient of the goaltending call, took to Twitter to express his frustration. I would like to apologize for all the SMU fans as senior I shouldn’t make those type of mistake.. I’m really sorry— Yanick Moreira (@Ymoreira35) March 19, 2015“@KDTrey5: Yep that was a goaltend.” You right ref thank you for end my college career pic.twitter.com/nhrrON0DQM— Yanick Moreira (@Ymoreira35) March 19, 2015These guys don’t deserve it . It really hurts . All those mile run in the summer all those 2 a day to end my college career like this— Yanick Moreira (@Ymoreira35) March 19, 2015Here’s the play. Was it the right call?last_img read more

Rice Football Signed A 7-Year-Old Boy With Leukemia In A Very Special Ceremony

first_imgRice Leukemia SigneeRice Leukemia SigneeThe Rice football program landed a very special recruit on Wednesday. Seven-year-old Ziggy Stoval-Redd, who is battling leukemia, signed with the Owls during a special signing ceremony. Accompanied by his mother and Rice head football coach David Bailiff, Ziggy received a warm round of applause from the Owl team. Here’s the video:Whenever stories like this pop up in the sports world, it always warms the heart a little bit.last_img